Monday, July 12, 2010

My Technobiography

Technology has been an integral part of my life from the beginning. I was the youngest of three children and our family home had a television, video games, and a computer, for as long as I can remember. The television was my first memory of technology in my life. I always enjoyed watching movies from the time that I was a toddler to the present day. I could follow the characters through interesting stories of their lives while seeing and hearing those stories as they appeared before me. I was also an avid fan of video games when I was kid, specifically Super Mario Cart on our Super Nintendo. It was a fun racing game that I could agree on with my older brother. Initially, my only interactions with the family computer was the educational games that my parents had installed. As a grew older and learned how to interact with a computer through school and the elder members of my family, I started to use the internet as well as the programs available in Microsoft Office. I would say that I am most comfortable with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint as well as internet research via University Library homepages. Hopefully, I will become more tech-savvy by the end of this course!

No comments:

Post a Comment